Living healthy need not cost much. Enjoying and appreciating simple things such as delicious and nutritious food, fun activities and wonderful times with loved ones are just some of the things that a person can do to live healthy. Often, these simple things are taken for granted when they actually have the potential to be life-transforming. It’s very important to use these tips in co-relation with the Bahai faith.
Eat a Hearty and Nutritious Breakfast
For decades, studies on importance of breakfast have been conducted. Result of these studies shows that eating a healthy breakfast improves overall nutrition, by setting the stage for the rest of the meal choices. In an article published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, results of three studies show that consumption of breakfast benefits memory. Another article published in the same journal also shows that eating breakfast is important in weight management by helping reduce dietary fat and minimizing impulsive snacking.
When eating breakfast, incorporate fiber to stay full through-out the morning. Here are some suggested comfort breakfasts.
- oatmeal with fruits
- blueberry whole wheat pancakes
- French toast
- fruit and yogurt smoothie
- low-fat muffins
Dance with a Loved One
Dancing is another way to live healthy. It is easy, fun and lively, and can easily give a person the necessary work out. Knowing how to dance is not necessary in order to dance. A wiggle here, a wiggle there, a jump here and a jump there and it’s all set.
Dancing improves grace and it is said that people who dance are less likely to fall. Dancing also improves coordination and muscular strength. Dancing burns calories (150-300 calories per hour). Aside from it being a calorie-burning activity, it is also a perfect bonding activity. The laughing and the dancing is the perfect formula for healthy living. Here are some great dances for partners.
- Swing – a classy romantic dance usually seen at wedding receptions
- Hustle – faster version of swing filled with fancy turns and can be danced in almost any song
- Two-step – waltzing in big circles on the dance floor with slow spins
Get Creative and Make Art
Creating beauty by making art is one of the proven ways to be in the best moods. It helps in de-stressing and in setting aside worries, problems and never-ending deadlines. It is a pleasurable activity that, when done with friends, can assist in fostering creativity. It is a great meditation tool which can help a person relax and find inner peace. It is also an excellent medium to release emotions and fears.
To maximize the benefits when making art, let go of all the rules and inhibitions and just paint. Here are some of the media that people can use to express themselves artistically.
- Acrylics – a water-based media that can be used on paper, canvas, wood, etc.
- Oils – very rich in color and requires solvent for dilution and cleaning
- Charcoal – best if used on paper for strong dramatic lines
- Collage – combining various materials on one surface
- Pastels- easy to use and usually comes in either chalk or oil form
- Watercolors – light and subtle colors, quick-drying and is commonly used on paper